[ZendTo] Authentication Error - The username or password was incorrect

Marlon Deerr MDeerr at hshlawyers.com
Tue Jul 14 18:45:03 BST 2020

Ok, so I think I finally (or almost finally) got my AD authentication settings correct.  I have installed the ldapsearch utility to confirm that I'm able to successful search the OU where my users reside, however when I attempt to log in with a valid user, ZendTo keeps erroring with:

Authentication Error
The username or password was incorrect

I checked the /var/log/zendto/zendto.log and it says the following:

"....Warning: authorization attempt for locked-out user <username1>
Then when I try logging in as another user, I see the following in the log

"...Warning: authorization failed for <username2>

I know that I have both username/password correct so I must be missing something. Anyone know what setting I may have applied incorrectly?