[ZendTo] News — Microsoft enforcing LDAPS for AD servers

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Wed Feb 12 15:18:37 GMT 2020

Karl,

Given that it was a could-not-connect-at-all issue, then it's most
likely either
a) incoming firewall on the AD server not listening on the correct LDAPS
ports (636/tcp IIRC),
or
b) the SSL/TLS handshake between the ZendTo server and the AD Server is
failing. This is most often caused by people using locally-signed certs
on their AD servers, at which point the ZendTo server will need to be
given a copy of the Root CA cert for your locally-signed certs. Just
like you would need to give it to a web browser in order to avoid the
errors when you browse to a website which is signed with a
locally-signed cert.

A good command to test the SSL/TLS handshake from your ZendTo server is
this:

     openssl s_client -connect your-AD-server-here.example.com:636

That should print out all sorts of nice looking things and not any error
messages. When it's stopped outputting, just Ctrl-C it.

On 10/02/2020 17:47, Karl Bundy via ZendTo wrote:
> I also am running RedHat7/CentOS7 and having the same issue.  Nothing seems to output any helpful logs to help troubleshoot the source of the issue (cert issue, missing packages, etc.)  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karl Bundy

'A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways
  before crossing a one-way street.' - Doug Linder