[ZendTo] Feature request: optional units on some preferences

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Dec 10 16:55:28 GMT 2020

Hi Massimo,

Fair point.
Sadly they are also supposed to be powers of 10 and not 2.
And I never realised that Z was smaller than Y and not the other way
round. That's bonkers!

Will people always get the case right, even when they never read the
instructions?
Or do I only insist on "m" and "M" having the right case, and ignore the
case on all the others?
Bit awkward. Only other option is to infer whether it's a byte count or
a time duration from the name of the setting (/bytes/i ==> byte count,
rules like that).

On Thu 10/12/20 16:49, Massimo Forni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to point out that in the SI the Mega, Giga, etc are all capital
> letters, this way you can still use ‘m’ for minutes
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units#Prefixes
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units#Prefixes>
>
> best regards

'If I were a Brazilian without land or money or the means to feed
  my children, I would be burning the rain forest too.' - Sting