[ZendTo] nightly-clear-up erase files during upgrade process

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Apr 19 12:26:42 BST 2020

Arnaud,

Sorry about that!
Yes, I currently have the post-install script in the rpm and deb
packages automatically run the nightly clear-up script, as that gives it
a chance to do the other main thing that script does, which is apply any
needed db schema changes.
I clearly need to add a command-line parameter to it, so it won't delete
anything, and use that extra switch when I call it from the post-install
scripts.

Thanks for pointing that one out to me!

On 19/04/2020 11:51, arnaud Chevalier via ZendTo wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I hope everyone's okay.
>
> I did an upgrade of zendto from 5.17 to the last one. (apt-get -y upgrade)
> The upgrade did well, except nightly-clear-up erased everything
> following the default retention before i had the time to launch
> /opt/zendto/bin/upgrade.
> Anyway i rolled back to the pre-upgrade snapshot.
> I think i missed something during the process.
>
> Could you tell me what i missed?
>
> I wish you a nice day.
>
> Arnaud

'No more impressive warning can be given to those who would confine
  knowledge and rsearch to what is apparently useful, than the
  reflection that conic sections were studied for eighteen hundred
  years merely as an abstract science, without regard to any utility
  other than to satisfy the craving for knowledge on the part of
  mathematicians, and that then at the end of this long period of
  abstract study, they were found to be the necessary key with which
  to attain the knowledge of the most important laws of nature.'
  - Alfred North Whitehead