[ZendTo] AD Authentication issue

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Apr 3 13:49:57 BST 2020

The bit I couldn't figure out was how it was only affecting AD users and
not local ones.
That's just plain weird.

I assume it's now all working okay?

On 03/04/2020 13:44, Ben Schneider wrote:
> Hey Jules,
>
> I'm not sure what the exact issue was, but I just threw away the VM
> and started over from scratch.
> *Ben Schneider*
> schneiderbw at gmail.com <mailto:schneiderbw at gmail.com>
> Cell:937-346-7154 <javascript:void(0);>
>

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 5:18 AM Jules <Jules at zend.to
> <mailto:Jules at zend.to>> wrote:
>
>     Next idea: is your 'cookieSecret' set to something suitable in
>     preferences.php?
>     And reset your 'cookieTTL' back to 12 hours (43200).
>
>     On 02/04/2020 19:05, Ben Schneider wrote:
>>     Okay,  So I figured out the setcookie() issue.  (I had set the
>>     cookie lifetime so high that PHP no longer considered it an
>>     integer apparently...)
>>
>>     Still having the same issue though, even after that's fixed.
>>     ____________________________________________
>>     *Ben Schneider*
>>     schneiderbw at gmail.com <mailto:schneiderbw at gmail.com>
>>     Cell:937-346-7154
>>

>>     On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 1:52 PM Ben Schneider
>>     <schneiderbw at gmail.com <mailto:schneiderbw at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         So I went ahead and turned up the PHP errors to debug level
>>         and I'm getting these errors:
>>
>>         *Notice*: Undefined offset: 1 in
>>         */opt/zendto/lib/NSSADAuthenticator.php* on line *556*
>>
>>         *Warning*: setcookie() expects parameter 3 to be integer,
>>         float given in */opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropbox.php* on line *604*
>>         ____________________________________________
>>         *Ben Schneider*
>>         schneiderbw at gmail.com <mailto:schneiderbw at gmail.com>
>>         Cell:937-346-7154
>>

>>         On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 11:20 AM Ben Schneider via ZendTo
>>         <zendto at zend.to <mailto:zendto at zend.to>> wrote:
>>
>>             I just tried only using the AD authenticator.  Same issue.
>>
>>             Here is the last couple of logs:
>>             2020-04-02 10:30:40 192.168.100.30 [CHCCAA Secure FTP]:
>>             Info: authorization succeeded for bschneider at domain.com
>>             <mailto:bschneider at domain.com>
>>             2020-04-02 10:30:40 192.168.100.30 [CHCCAA Secure FTP]:
>>             Info: user authentication verified user as
>>             'bschneider at domain.com <mailto:bschneider at domain.com>'
>>
>>             The serverRoot is set to the URL that I am accessing the
>>             site through.
>>
>>             ____________________________________________
>>             *Ben Schneider*
>>             schneiderbw at gmail.com <mailto:schneiderbw at gmail.com>
>>             Cell:937-346-7154
>>

>>             On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 10:53 AM Jules <Jules at zend.to
>>             <mailto:Jules at zend.to>> wrote:
>>
>>                 Instead of using the Multi authenticator, try it with
>>                 just the AD authenticator to start with.
>>
>>                 Does the /var/log/zendto/zendto.log say anything useful?
>>                 Is the site's root URL (the setting is called
>>                 'serverRoot') set correctly in
>>                 /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php?
>>
>>                 On 02/04/2020 15:31, Ben Schneider wrote:
>>>                 Hi Jules,
>>>
>>>                 It does include the domain.  I've tried both
>>>                 domain.com <http://domain.com> and *@domain.com
>>>                 <http://domain.com>
> [...]

'Making machines do what you want requires only two qualities:
  1) Being slightly more stubborn that the computer, &
  2) Remembering that computers are electrified rocks.' - @JediJeremy