[ZendTo] alternate AD attribute

Travis Zimmerman TZimmerman at fsu.edu
Thu May 2 20:00:19 BST 2019

Username, but it looks like it’s more complicated. I just got out of a meeting and one of the AD admins gave me several examples of student attribute listing. Looking at the attributes and their values there isn’t actually a specific username, there is a unique identifier by way of an ID number; and then there are several different attributes with the student’s e-mail address.

So I think for right now I may have to hack together a fix for my specific problem and then talk to you about a possible way to incorporate it into the code in a more general way that may be useful for others. 🤷‍♂️

If I’m reading the NSSADAuthenticator.php correctly, you compare their username against “sAMAccountName” but before you do that if someone logged in with an e-mail address, you remove the @domain part.
I don’t suppose the @domain that gets chopped off is stored in a variable that I could use for comparisons to force a different search using the full e-mail address against a different attribute? If not I’ll work out something.

Again thanks for any help you can provide.

Travis Zimmerman tzimmerman at fsu.edu<mailto:tzimmerman at fsu.edu> 850-645-8030
Linux Enterprise Applications & Systems its-linuxadmins at fsu.edu<mailto:its-linuxadmins at fsu.edu>
Information Technology Services, Florida State University