[ZendTo] PHP Fatal Error when downloading medium size encrypted files

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Fri Jan 18 12:40:12 GMT 2019

Davide,

How much RAM has your ZendTo box got?
The crypto library does require quite a bit of RAM, so if you only have
1 GB then I would at least add some more swap space. Obviously adding
more RAM would be better (2GB or 4GB should be plenty), but possibly
more costly.

On 18/01/2019 11:04, davide.mosca8 via ZendTo wrote:
> Hi and first of all thanks for this amazing free and open source project.
>
> I have a problem which I wrote about in the subject.
>
> When trying to download a medium size (291MB) encrypted file in a
> dropoff I encounter a fatal error which breaks the rendering of the
> web page as usual.
> From php logs what I see is this:
>
> *PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught SodiumException: ops limit must be greater
> than 0 in /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropoff.php:612
> Stack trace:
> #0 /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropoff.php(612): sodium_crypto_pwhash()
> #1 /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropoff.php(944): NSSDropoff->downloadEncrypted()
> #2 /opt/zendto/www/download.php(109): NSSDropoff->downloadFile()
> #3 {main}
>   thrown in /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropoff.php on line 612*
> *
> *
> I have searched about this error and what I understood is that has to
> do with the number of operations needed to compute the
> encryption/decryption process.
>
> I tried to change the encryption and checksums params (disabling
> checksum, make mandatory encryption, leverage the size of dropoffs to
> have encryption computed) in the config file but with no result.
>
> when I try with small size dropoffs (max 25MB) the same procedure I
> don't encounter the problem.
>
> What could it be?
>
> Davide

'Think globally, act locally.' - Friends of the Earth