[ZendTo] ANNOUNCE: new beta 5.22-1 released

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Dec 29 18:39:45 GMT 2019

Hi all!

I'm finally back to a state to start working on ZendTo again. It's going
to be a while before I go back to my day job, but starting gently on a
bit of ZendTo seemed appropriate.

I've aimed to fix as many of the outstanding bug reports as I can (I
think I've got them all!), along with improving the Installer by fixing
some bugs and adding support for CentOS 8, Ubuntu 19 and Debian 10 (Buster).

Download instructions are on the beta page at
https://zend.to/beta.php

Here is the full Change Log:
- Added support for CentOS 8, Ubuntu 19 and Debian 10 (Buster) to the
Installer.
- Fixed self-signed certs generated by the Installer so they work in
MacOS 10.15 Catalina. Apple have added a bunch of constraints, see
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210176.
- Followed Google's advice to fetch reCAPTCHA from www.recaptcha.net
instead of www.google.com, to improve the chances of it working from China.
   Note: this requires a change to the Content-Security-Policy header if
you are setting that.
- If you edit new_dropoff.tpl to make the "encrypt all files" box
checked by default, it will now correctly prompt for the passphrase when
the user tries to complete the drop-off process.
- Fixed bug where dropoffs that were the result of requests would have
the wrong sender's organisation displayed.
- Removed 'CopyrightYear' setting from zendto.conf. It is now just set
to the current year, saving you having to update it each year.
- 'One of the recipients' changed to 'one of the recipients' to fix a
capitalisation issue.
- Fixed escaping bug in log entries. Thanks to Ana-Maria Popescu
@amiutza ana.popescu at codegrazer.com for this and the mime type sanitising.
- Added extra layer of sanitising to mime type metadata.
- Fixed bugs in Ubuntu/Debian installer and .deb package relating to log
file permissions.

Please can you give it a try for me?

Thanks all!

The current UK shipping forecast:
Irish Sea: Southwest 4 or 5, becoming cyclonic 6 to gale 8, then north 4 to 6.
Slight or moderate, occasionally rough in south. Rain. Good, occasionally
poor.