[ZendTo] ANNOUNCE: Production release 5.21-1

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Aug 22 10:04:49 BST 2019

Nigel,

Sorry for the delay, I've been supposedly on holiday for a week visiting
my elderly parents in Wales, but managed to wind up in hospital (only 2
days!) instead.

On 17/08/2019 8:38 am, Nigel Kendrick via ZendTo wrote:

> Hi Jules,
>
> I’ve installed the upgrade – great to have the announcements option!
>
> A few small issues:
>
>   * I am using a png version of the company logo with a transparent
>     background and this used to overhang the main white area, but now
>     it’s half behind it!? How best to fix this in a way that isn’t
>     reverted on the next update?

Add some over-riding CSS to /opt/zendto/www/css/local.css.
If you take a look in /opt/zendto/www/css/swish2.css, search for "logo".
There you'll find #logo and #logoxclip.
If you over-ride their definitions by adding new ones in local.css,
those changes will survive future upgrades.

Sorry I had to mess with the logo's CSS, but space on that top line was
getting very tight for some languages.

>  *
>

>   * I have a different image for the dropbox icon on the ‘about’ page
>     and this gets reverted every upgrade – have I missed a config
>     option to set this, or can there be one?

I have just changed the rpm and deb packages so that logo is now treated
as a "config file" and therefore won't be overwritten in upgrades if you
change it.

BTW what picture are you using? I would very much like to use something
better if I can!!

>  *
>

>   * During the upgrade, something was displayed about a cookies length
>     setting issue – it scrolled off the screen very quickly and I was
>     performing the upgrade through a vmware remote console window and
>     there’s no scrollback! What do I have to change!?

Run
/opt/zendto/sbin/genCookieSecret.php
That will print out a new line that you should copy and paste into
preferences.php to replace the existing value for that setting.

It's just that if you set an encryption passphrase when requesting a
drop-off, that passphrase now actually has to be stored in the ZendTo
database (until the drop-off is created, at which point the passphrase
is wiped again).

So I needed to use a much better random number as the "shared key" for
that encryption process.

BTW in a VMware remote console window, shift+pageup and shift+pagedown
should still give you a fair amount of scrollback history on most
Linuxes. Not perfect, but better than nothing. (I run a vSphere at home.
It's a form of masochism I know... :-)

>  *
>
> Thanks as ever
>
> Nigel Kendrick

'No more impressive warning can be given to those who would confine
  knowledge and rsearch to what is apparently useful, than the
  reflection that conic sections were studied for eighteen hundred
  years merely as an abstract science, without regard to any utility
  other than to satisfy the craving for knowledge on the part of
  mathematicians, and that then at the end of this long period of
  abstract study, they were found to be the necessary key with which
  to attain the knowledge of the most important laws of nature.'
  - Alfred North Whitehead