[ZendTo] ANNOUNCE: Production release 5.21-1

Jules Jules at zend.to
Fri Aug 9 15:20:50 BST 2019

Folks,

Before I head off to Wales for a well-earned week of rest, I have just
done a new production release of ZendTo.

There are many small improvements and fixes, but the major new features
are:

1. When you download a drop-off, there is a new "Download all files as a
zip" button. It does what it says on the tin. Note that if the drop-off
itself was encrypted, the zip file you download will *not* be encrypted.
It doesn't require any significant memory overhead on the ZendTo server,
and needs no temporary disk space or anything, even if the drop-off is
huge. It's generated on the fly as your browser downloads it.

2. The "Request a drop-off" functionality is improved. At this point you
can enforce encryption on the resulting drop-off, and set the passphrase
that will be used. The person sending you the drop-off never finds out
what the passphrase is, and they cannot disable the encryption. Also the
little red "trash can" buttons in the recipient name autocomplete lists
have spread to the "Request a drop-off" form.

3. You can place an announcement in
/opt/zendto/config/system-announcement.txt (it can be HTML or plain
text). If there is anything in this file it will be shown as a note to
all users at the top of the "main menu" and "login" pages. Read the
comments above the new preferences.php setting
'systemAnnouncementFilePath' to see exactly how to specify the header
and content. Leave the file 0 bytes long and it won't do anything.

For the full details, please see the Change Log [1] on the website.

I'm heading off to see my folks in Wales for a week's rest, but do let
me know if you find any problems. There are still outstanding jobs and
features on my To Do list, but they will wait a week or two.

P.S. Sorry for the formatting of this email. I'm running macOS Catalina
beta 5, which totally broke Thunderbird :-( I'm reliably informed that
beta 6 will fix it again!

Jules at Zend.To

Links:
------