[ZendTo] alternate AD attribute

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Mon Apr 29 19:47:46 BST 2019

No SMTP?  How are they going to send email to other domains?
>>> Travis Zimmerman via ZendTo <zendto at zend.to> 4/29/2019 2:44 PM >>>
Would it be possible to add a variable to the AD auth config to use an
alternate attribute for the username?
Something like:‘authLDAPAltAttr’     =>    ‘preferredEmail’,

Our Microsoft sysadmins had to setup a different AD for students on a
different domain (my.fsu.edu) from the one used by faculty and staff
(fsu.edu). For some reason at the time they had to store the student
e-mail address in a different attribute than the standard attribute, in
the normal attribute they are storing a student ID number.

Up until now I worked around this problem by using the IMAP
authentication, not as nice as AD but it did the job to allow students
to authenticate in, receive e-mail from the ZendTo server, and view
drop-offs for them in their Inbox.

We got a new CIO at my university about a month ago and it has been
decided to shutdown IMAP and SMTP completely, in favor of MAPI with MFA
only. I found out that this change was being talked about last week,
upper management came to a decision last Friday and plan to go ahead
with this change starting next week.

I appreciate all the work you’ve put into ZendTo over the years.

Travis Zimmermantzimmerman at fsu.edu850-645-8030
Linux Enterprise Applications & Systemsits-linuxadmins at fsu.edu
Information Technology Services, Florida State University