[ZendTo] NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR and logrotate

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Apr 21 11:08:19 BST 2019

John,

Sadly I don't think there's any way for logrotate to be able to execute
code in order to work out the location of the log files it needs to
rotate. An easy alternative solution would just be
     ln -sn /var/zendto-storage/zendto /var/zendto
Then any references to /var/zendto which I can't fix automatically (of
which the logrotate.d file is a fine example) will still work.

But yes, your change to /etc/logrotate.d/zendto should survive updates.

On 11/04/2019 10:45 pm, John Thurston via ZendTo wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure when this problem started, but the log rotation
> process is failing.
>
> The file:
>   /etc/logrotate.d/zendto
> references the files:
>   /var/log/zendto/zendto.log
>   /var/zendto/zendto.log
>
> But that isn't where my logs are. My config in:
>   preferences.php
> has the following:
>   define('NSSDROPBOX_DATA_DIR','/var/zendto-storage/zendto/');
>

> I can go edit /etc/logrotate.d/zendto and hope it persists through the
> next update.
>
> Is there some other way I should correct this?

'The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even
  touched; they must be felt with the heart.' - Helen Keller