[ZendTo] Scripted use of zend.to

Keith Erekson kbe2 at lehigh.edu
Thu Apr 11 22:26:28 BST 2019

The previous implementation of this project, back when it was the "UD
Dropbox" had some sort of "custom upload form" functionality.

I don't remember exactly what they called it, and 30 seconds of Googling
hasn't turned up a download location for their code, but it's
essentially a stripped-down UI that lets you (the admin) hard-code the
recipient info, so people can't screw up the file transfer.

This feature was dropped from ZendTo, but we've been forward-porting it
for years, as some of our departments depend on it for various reasons.

Using it requires some modifications to ZendTo, to allow uploads without
the CAPTCHA verification. (By which I mean: we have been too lazy to
implement the CAPTCHA in our custom dropoff interface; it was
implemented before ZendTo had a CAPTCHA.)

It wouldn't be possible to use this directly from a script (e.g., curl
-X POST ...), as it still uses JavaScript, but you could possibly use it
as a starting point to add a similar API interface.

If there's interest, I can post some sanitized git diffs and/or some
documentation about how it works.

~Keith