[ZendTo] [Data migration from old installation]

Thu Mar 1 14:03:20 GMT 2018

Hi,

I have successfully setup ZendTo 5 on a new CentOS system, the installer
worked great, good job Jules.
I now want to replace an old system with the new one, which is possible
by just switching IP addresses.

The only additional thing I would do is to migrate existing uploads from
the old system to the new one.

I use MySQL on the old and the new system, so it should be possible to
copy the files from the old system
to the new one and putting the database entries into the new database.

Has anyone done that before or is there a kind of official way or small
howto?

I really don't want to upgrade the old system in place because of the
many customizations but I could possibly create a clone of the old
machine, do an inplace upgrade (which might maybe upgrade the database)
and then transfer stuff to the new server?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Peter