[ZendTo] Marge ZendTo servers

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Fri Dec 7 11:52:13 GMT 2018

Not easily, no.

The ClaimID and so on is used as the user interface, but internally it
uses auto-incrementing counters on the DB tables. So while you have no
clashing ClaimIDs (that's incredibly unlikely to happen), it is very
possible you have clashing numbers in the DB tables.

I would disable all uploads and logins to the 3 old servers and force
all new uploads/logins on to the new one.
Then the only access to the old ones will be pick-ups of existing
drop-offs. Provided their links are distinct from the new server, they
will continue to work.
Once the expiry date has passed for the last drop-off on any of the 3
old servers, you can shut that one down.
Most drop-offs are picked up within a few days, so you'll see hits to
the 3 old servers tail off very quickly.

That's generally the least painful way of doing it.

Hope that helps,
Jules.

On 07/12/2018 11:24, Telipský Stanislav via ZendTo wrote:

> Hi Jules.
>
> I run three ZendTo servers in differend language.
>
> Now, when the ability to switch languages is released, I'd like to
> merge them into one.
>
> I have a question: Is there a simple way to transfer files to another
> server, export DB and merge it with DB on the target server?
>
> Of course, I assume there will be no ID match.
>
> BR
>
> *Stanislav Telipský*
>
> IT administrator
>
> *D.A.S. Rechtsschutz AG, pobočka pro ČR*

The current UK shipping forecast:
Shannon: West 7 to severe gale 9, backing southwest 5 to 7 for a time. High or
very high, becoming very rough for a time. Rain or showers. Good, occasionally
poor.