[ZendTo] Installing on Debian 8

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sat May 27 18:32:16 BST 2017

Kevin,

If you go to the ZendTo beta page at

     http://zend.to/beta.php

you will find there is a beta version of the installer there for you to
try, which should now work on Debian 8 as well as all the other
previously supported systems.

I wrote it assuming you were starting from as minimal a Debian install
as I could get. I think the only option I couldn't *de*select was the
bottom one (admin utilities I think). It still sets up apparmor, even
though apparmor isn't actually installed (it just puts in 1 tweak for
clamd to be able to scan ZendTo uploaded files). It doesn't set up
SELinux, as that isn't installed by default with Debian 8 either. But if
you installed SELinux first, the ZendTo installer should then configure
it for you.

The only difference with Debian 8 is that you will have to use wget to
download the beta installer rather than curl, as bare Debian 8 includes
wget instead of curl. :-)

Please let me know how you get on!