[ZendTo] Installing on Debian 8

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Fri May 26 20:32:03 BST 2017

I have zendto running on a centOS 6 box but we've pretty much standardized on debian in-house.  I built a bare bones debian Jessie box.  Apache is already installed in its default state.  I downloaded the installer and ran install.sh.  Below is the output:

root at fileshare2:~/zendto-download/install.ZendTo# ./install.sh

Good, I am root. Bow down before me...

Output from the ZendTo installer itself will look like this.

When you are prompted for a value, always just press Return
to accept the default value suggested, unless either
a) you are absolutely sure of what you are doing
or
b) it is blank or clearly rubbish, which usually means
   something has gone wrong. If that happens, look back
   through the output and see if you want work it out.
   No installer is 100% perfect in all situations.

Debian major release number [Default is 8]:
Architecture [Default is x86_64]:
I am running Debian release 8 on x86_64

Sorry, I only know about RedHat Enterprise, CentOS and Ubuntu.

Exiting...

Hmmm.  If I download the .deb package will it go through the entire install routine like the install script does or will it just install zendto and leave the "heavy lifting" to me?

My game plan was to let it to all the back end stuff, then copy over the preferences.php and zendto.conf from my old centOS server and run the update scripts. After that, apt would take care of updates in the future.

Not sure which direction to go now...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.