[ZendTo] Release candidate: 4.27-6 released

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu May 18 12:04:40 BST 2017

Charles,

Since 4.12, the templates have changed quite a bit, among other things.

Assuming you've installed it using a .rpm or .deb package, then you
should be able to "yum update" or "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to
do the bulk of the work.

To preserve your config and templates *before* you start, I would
suggest taking safe copies of both of those directories. If you have
made any changes to css files, then grab those too. Hopefully the only
css file you will have changed is www/css/local.css.

The latest versions include 2 tools to help you upgrade your config files:
     /opt/zendto/bin/upgrade_preferences_php
     /opt/zendto/bin/upgrade_zendto_conf
If you just run either of those on its own (with no command-line
arguments), it will show you how to use it. They both work in the same way.
Basically, you give each one your old config file + the new supplied
config file, and it prints out a file based on the new one that contains
all the changes you made to the old one. They're very easy to use (if
not for me to write!).

For your templates, I would personally advise taking all the new
template files and just manually re-applying your customisations to
them. It will get you up and running quicker than any other approach.

On 17/05/2017 19:06, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> What is the manual process for upgrading?  I’m at 4.12.  What files need to be preserved to not lose my config and templates?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles

'Is the Holocaust an aberration, or a reflection of who we really are?'
  - Holocaust Museum, Berlin