[ZendTo] No error when somebody tries to use ZendTo as an open relay

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri May 12 16:38:15 BST 2017

That probably varies a lot on the exact version of Edge, it's a very
rapidly moving target right now.
I'm not going to treat Edge-specific problems as major ones at the
moment, but I will keep an eye on it.

Glad that show_dropoff.tpl problem is fixed for you.

Do you still see the Edge problem you mention with the newest
show_dropoff.tpl in place? Or is there now an error message?

Can you send those other patches here as well? I'm going to try to get
what I can sorted out this weekend, so after a few more days testing I
hope to be able to do a new production release.

Thanks!
Jules.

On 12/05/2017 14:33, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have just tested the patch and works as expected, thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I had sent you a couple of small patches to your personal mail, if you
> prefer me to send them here as well, just let me knkow.
>
> Another bug I have identified is when you try to upload a big file on
> MS edge, when you hit send you get to verify.php# with a blank
> container.
>
> This is only happening on edge and happens if I try to upload say
> 150MB but not on small files of 1MB.
>
> What happens is that the browser seems to hang for a little time and
> then it goes to this blank container.
>
> Edge was working ok on 4.12, so maybe it is this new code again.
>
> Regards.

>> Well spotted!
>>
>> It happened as a side-effect of the changes for the new upload progress bar.
>>
>> The fix will be in the next beta release (hopefully due out by the end of
>> the weekend), but if you want a fix now, just replace your existing
>> /opt/zendto/templates/show_dropoff.tpl with the one attached (once you've
>> gunzip-ed it!). No need to restart httpd/apache2 or anything, it will just
>> start using it.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting it!
>> Jules.
>>

>> On 12/05/2017 12:26, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm updating our ZendTo setup and while testing the new setup I have found
>>> that when somebody from outside (gmail account) tries to send a file to
>>> somebody who is also an outsider (another gmail account), he is not able
>>> send it (great) but he doesn't get the error he should:
>>> ErrorWillNotSend = "You must be logged in as a Southampton user in order
>>> to drop-off a file for a non-Southampton user.<br />&nbsp;<br />Return to
>>> the ZendTo main menu to log in and then try again."
>>>
>>> Instead he just gets the normal page without the error, and the page says
>>> "No files in the dropoff... something is amiss!"
>>>
>>> The page is the right one but misses the "You must be logged" message on
>>> top, this is with 4.27-1, the old 4.12 version was working ok.
>>>
>>> Is anybody else seeing this problem?
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>
>> Jules
>>
>> --
>> Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>>
>> 'All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go,
>>   and holding on.' - Henry Ellis
>>
>> www.Zend.To
>> Twitter: @JulesFM
>> PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654

'There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and
  lets the future in.' - Graham Greene