[ZendTo] Strange HTML output in MS Outlook

Ricky Boone ricky.boone at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:42:12 BST 2017

I can see the same behavior in Outlook 2010.  This appears to be due
to the default CSS embedded in the message:

body {
font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
background-repeat: repeat;
background-image: url(../images/swish/background.png);
background-color: #cbcccd;
font-size: 10pt;
margin:0;
}

Note, the background image doesn't work since it is a relative path,
so you end up with just #cbcccd.  This seems to be dictated by
./www/css/swish.css and ./templates/email_header_html.tpl.  Not sure
why it doesn't work in Gmail (or OWA 2013 from my environment), but I
suspect it's due to either CSS processing rules within Gmail.  I
remember seeing somewhere that there are some limits on CSS style
block sizes, content, etc.

Since the template appears to be pretty flexible, you should be able
to edit the files to make them look the way you're wanting/expecting
them to look.