[ZendTo] confirmation of downloads

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Mar 29 09:23:31 BST 2017

On 28/03/2017 18:11, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:28:06 +0100 Jules <Jules at zend.to> wrote:
>
>>> 1. is it possible to have a few logins (users), which can only download, not upload?
>>> And is it possible for those logins to see (to be able to download) the same files?
>> You could just use a simple web server setup for that pointed at a
>> directory of files.
> Of course, but does ZendTo support such setup?
No, sorry.

>>> 2. Is it possible to know if the user downloaded the file?
>> The sender gets an email confirming the first time any given recipient
>> picks up any of the files in the drop-off.
>>
>> It won't notify the sender for every combination of recipient and file,
>> as otherwise a recipient could then easily flood your mailbox by just
>> repeatedly clicking (or scripting using curl/wget) a filename in the web
>> page that shows them the contents of the drop-off.
> So it is possible to notify the sender for every combination of recipient and file
> (probably by altering the source code)?
Yes you could. Quite easily. Look in NSSDropoff.php, there's a function
called "downloadFile".
In that function, towards the bottom there's a line that sets a variable
called "$extantPickups".
You probably actually need to do nothing more than comment out that 1 line.
Give it a go and see if PHP complains (it should do so into your Apache
logs if it's going to).
You might need to replace it with a line that says "$extantPickups =
false;", but that's a "might".

'What happened in the past that was painful, has a great deal to
  do with what we are today.' - William Glasser