[ZendTo] 4.20-3 bug-fix release

Tue Jan 31 09:56:55 GMT 2017

Hi Jules,

many thanks for your work!

Today I tried an update (cloned virtual machine) to the latest version
on my 3 year old installation.
My OS is CentOS6 (it was one of the downloadable preconfigured vms that
were available some day from zendto homepage) with all available updates
applied.

First of all it worked quite well but I want to share my findings to
maybe help others.

# yum update (I was updating from 4.12-5.noarch)
worked but gave the following warnings:

warning: /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php created as
/opt/zendto/config/preferences.php.rpmnew
warning: /opt/zendto/config/zendto.conf created as
/opt/zendto/config/zendto.conf.rpmnew
warning: /opt/zendto/templates/about.tpl created as
/opt/zendto/templates/about.tpl.rpmnew
warning: /opt/zendto/templates/login.tpl created as
/opt/zendto/templates/login.tpl.rpmnew
warning: /opt/zendto/templates/new_dropoff.tpl created as
/opt/zendto/templates/new_dropoff.tpl.rpmnew

warning:    erase unlink of
/opt/zendto/templates_c/This.Dir.Must.Be.Writeable.By.Apache failed: No
such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/templates_c failed: No such file
or directory
warning:    erase unlink of
/opt/zendto/myzendto.templates_c/This.Dir.Must.Be.Writeable.By.Apache
failed: No such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/myzendto.templates_c failed: No
such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of
/opt/zendto/cache/This.Dir.Must.Be.Writeable.By.Apache failed: No such
file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/cache failed: No such file or
directory

The ones about .rpmnew were normal and I diffed them all against my
current configuration. It was a bit of work but no problem.
One difference that came up was a missing "c" in line 57 of about.tpl.
The only difference is this missing "c" (omputer -> computer) and this
resulted in the .rpmnew. As far as I remember this typo was already in
the previous releases. So if you could fix it, it might help all that
already fixed the typo and all updaters will receive a corrected version.

Another thing I changed (for security reasons) was in login.tpl
I changed:
size="15" value=""/></td>
to:
size="15" value="" autocomplete="off"/></td>

to avoid autocomplete for the password field. This is came up one day in
the mailing list and for security reasons I thought I will disable
autocomplete here.

When trying the first dropoff I ran into the (known) error:
     Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strimwidth() in
/opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropoff.php on line 1332
This could be easily fixed by installing "php-mbstring" and restarting
Apache.

All my custom commands like 'dropls' to show current dropoffs from the
command line also worked as before.

I am not sure about the "erase unlink ..." warnings, but it seems, that
my clone works and I will test a little bit and the update the live
system with the same changes.

You mentioned that cleanup.php wasn't working in previous versions.

Could you tell me how this daily job gets executed and how to verify it
manually?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the wonderful product you created and
your continous work to keep it up to date.

Kind regards

Peter