[ZendTo] Recaptcha suddenly falling for multiple users

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Jan 19 17:14:40 GMT 2017

Can you try it for yourself to make sure?
Use an off-site VPN to make yourself appear to come from outside and
then try to dropoff some files for yourself.

It's possible that either
1) Someone has changed your site keys on Google's reCAPTCHA admin website,
or
2) The old version of the code in /opt/zendto/www/recaptchalib.php is no
longer supported by Google.

I am just in the process of final testing on the Release Candidate of
version 4.20. The installer seems to have done its job perfectly so far.....
(4.20 includes the latest fresh code from Google, which has changed
quite a bit.)

Fetch the rpm or deb from the links on http://zend.to/beta.php.

There is also now a tool for upgrading your preferences.php file in
/opt/zendto/bin/upgrade_preferences_php.

Note that I have moved the templates_c, myzendto.templates_c and cache
directories out of /opt/zendto to /var/zendto as well, as that is a lot
tidier.

The rpm or deb will create the new directories for you. You may want to
manually remove those old ones /opt/zendto once you've upgraded. They
are only temporary cache files and can be safely deleted.

Please let me know how you get on.

On 19/01/2017 16:32, Burns, Richard H. wrote:

> I have several users Recapta failing. It looks right on the screen,
> but then comes back with a failure. If users go another site that uses
> Recapta it will verify and then work. I’ve had 10 failures today
> already and zero in previous six days. Anyone else having this problem?
>
> --
>
> Richard Burns
>
> Servers and Systems Administrator | Information Technology
>
> 816-415-7633 (office)
>
> 816-785-2405 (cell)
>
> **
>
> William Jewell College: Live What You Learn | www.jewell.edu
> <http://www.jewell.edu/>
>
> /Please join Jewell in conservation efforts. Print this email only if
> necessary./

Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng

'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,