[ZendTo] Zendto 4.20

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Tue Feb 28 18:23:39 GMT 2017

I upgraded from 4.12-5 this morning to 4.20-6 via yum update on centOS 6.  Everything seemed to go pretty well.  I got the following notices during the upgrade:
-----------------------
  Updating   : zendto-4.20-6.noarch                                                                                                                                               40/82
warning: /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php created as /opt/zendto/config/preferences.php.rpmnew
warning: /opt/zendto/config/zendto.conf created as /opt/zendto/config/zendto.conf.rpmnew
warning: /opt/zendto/templates/dropoff_list.tpl created as /opt/zendto/templates/dropoff_list.tpl.rpmnew
warning: /opt/zendto/templates/pickup_list_all.tpl created as /opt/zendto/templates/pickup_list_all.tpl.rpmnew

  Cleanup    : zendto-4.12-5.noarch                                                                                                                                               55/82
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/templates_c/This.Dir.Must.Be.Writeable.By.Apache failed: No such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/templates_c failed: No such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/myzendto.templates_c/This.Dir.Must.Be.Writeable.By.Apache failed: No such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/myzendto.templates_c failed: No such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/cache/This.Dir.Must.Be.Writeable.By.Apache failed: No such file or directory
warning:    erase unlink of /opt/zendto/cache failed: No such file or directory
-----------------------

No surprises there.  I diffed the config files and their respective rpmnew files and manually brought them into sync.  Sadly, I discovered to late that Jules had written a nice upgrader to do the heavy lifting or me. :-(  No matter.

The directories were moved w/o any problem and are readable by apache.

I did notice a couple of oddities however:

1:  I had a half dozen or so uploads prior to upgrading.  As it was an upgrade via yum, there was no readme available prior to running it and I didn't think to dig around on the web page.  Anyway, I went with the new default and used sqllite3 instead of mysql which was in use before.  Is there any way to reimport the uploads?  They still exist in the /var/zendto/drop-offs directory.  They just don't show up in "Show all Dropoffs" from the web page.  I don't necessarily need to see them (since they'll disappear soon anyway) as long as the original recipient can still click on the URL sent to them and can download the dropoff.

2:  I clicked on the "How secure is Zendto?" link.  Works fine, but when I click on the Home button or the logo it just reloads the security page.  I.e., the base URL is there with /security.php appended to it.  It doesn't seem to do it from other pages.

3:  I have three AD domains that use the system.  Some years back I edited lib\NSSADAuthenticator.php to include additional LDAP association which was overwritten by the update.  Fortunately I kept a copy of the modified file.  I did a quick spot check and it looks like NSSADAuthenticator.php wasn't changed in the upgrade so it was a drop in replacement with my old file.  A nice feature might be to do a check during the install and see if any of the lib files have been altered and write an .rpmnew file. This may or may not be practical; I understand if it's rather problematic. But it would be nice. :-)

Thanks...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.