[ZendTo] Derelict files in /var/zendto/incoming/

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Aug 21 09:27:10 BST 2017

John,

You don't need to stop Apache at all. Don't delete anything that's
clearly current and in-progress by mistake, but you can delete the others.

I should probably write a cron job to clean out files in incoming that
are more than a couple of days old. It's a pretty straightforward find
command to do it.

On 18/08/2017 19:45, John Thurston wrote:
> I just noticed I have several GB of files laying in
>     /var/zendto/incoming/
> which date back a year (or more). There are 180 files, but only three
> dates represented. My hypothesis is the files were abandoned on dates
> when the application was having some kind of difficulty cleaning up
> after itself.
>
> If I stop apache, may I safely purge this directory?

'Split apart, reunited, or adjusting for new conditions on the
  ground, a family is a double-edged sword. They're the best of times,
  the worst of times, your keys to the kingdom and the skeletons in
  your closet. If only we didn't have to eat dinner with them.'
  -- Mary, "In Plain Sight"