[ZendTo] ZendTo beta status

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Apr 6 16:38:45 BST 2017

tl;dr - stabilising.

Folks,

I've been spewing out beta releases pretty rapidly over the past few days.

There are only 2 big things on my ToDo list for ZendTo now, and they are
going to wait a bit so I can have a rest over Easter.

So the current beta and its installer should be stable for a fair while now.
I would very much like it to become a full "production" release
(allowing for urgent bug-fixes of course).

So I would be *really* grateful if some of you could try it out for me
and let me know if you hit any major problems.

It has some really cool new features that I have added since version
4.20, and I hope that your users will find these improvements to their
liking. Full details are in the ChangeLog (zend.to/changelog.php).

To make life easier for you, there are now 2 tools to help you upgrade
from a previous release:
     /opt/zendto/bin/upgrade_preferences_php
     /opt/zendto/bin/upgrade_zendto_conf
Just run them without any command-line parameters and they will show you
how to use them.
If you are either doing a fresh install or migrating to a newer
platform, the beta installer will do all the heavy lifting for you. Run
it as root and keep thumping Return.

You can read about the beta and its installer here:
     http://zend.to/beta.php

Many thanks!

P.S. The 2 major items on the todo list are Shibboleth/ADFS
authentication support, and i18n multi-language support.

'When I read Shakespeare I am struck with wonder
  That such trivial people should muse and thunder
  In such lovely language.' - D.H. Lawrence