[ZendTo] Changing dropoff link in emails sent out

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Nov 9 17:38:54 GMT 2016

Matthew,

The "EmailSenderAddress" defined in /opt/zendto/zendto.conf will be used
if it is set.
If it is not set in zendto.conf, it works it out from
     ServiceTitle <username at servername>
where
"ServiceTitle" is defined in zendto.conf,
username is the name of the user that is running the web server (usually
httpd or apache),
servername is the name of the server as defined in the httpd.conf.

This will set the "From:" header in the message (what the recipient
users will see in their email package),
but it will not affect the "enveloper sender" address that intermediate
mail servers will see.

If you don't know the difference between the From: and the envelope
sender address, I expect Wikipedia can help.

I did at one point add the "-f" option and its argument into the call to
the PHP mail() function, but I took it out again as there were security
concerns over it.

If you do need to set the envelope sender address as well, then I would
probably advise setting the "sendmail_path" value in php.ini by adding
     -f from at mydomain.com
to the end of it, as mentioned by Kris Lou. It's described here:
http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/zendto/2012-November/001855.html

P.S. I'm currently working solidly on getting everything working with
RHEL 7 and CentOS 7. All the firewall stuff, SELinux, the lot.
Fortunately the PHP rebuild is a *lot* simpler on RHEL 7 than it was on
RHEL 6. And CentOS 7 is even easier. The only bit I'm not looking
forward to is working out how to make the RPM file work for both 6 and
7. Not sure how to do that yet. All suggestions/pointers to examples are
most welcome!
P.P.S. Unfortunately I don't have easy access to a vSphere any more, so
may not be able to produce VM images.