[ZendTo] XSS

Thu Mar 3 07:07:43 GMT 2016

Hi,

just for information, I got an A+ for my ZendTo installation at
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html with this settings in my ssl.conf

   #/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
   SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3
   SSLHonorCipherOrder on
   SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!RC4:!MD5:!ADH:!EXP:!SSLv2:!LOW:!IDEA:RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM

This will disable nearly all weak cipher suites, only the ones needed
for older Internet Explorers (IE8 on XP) will be in.
Maybe change this next year? To verify your “SSLCipherSuite” string you
can use the following command:

   #> openssl ciphers -v
'ALL:!RC4:!MD5:!ADH:!EXP:!SSLv2:!LOW:!IDEA:RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM'

It will print out a list of all ciphers that the above line allows in
the order specified!

I also enabled HSTS with this setting in ssl.conf (29376000 = 350 days)

   #/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
   # enable HSTS (client will automatically choose https in the future
if once connected via https
   <IfModule headers_module>
           Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=29376000"
   </IfModule>

Kind regards and @Jules thanks again for the good work and all other
contributors.

PCFreak