[ZendTo] Re: Upgrade issue

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jun 24 17:30:42 BST 2015

On 24/06/2015 16:41, Der PCFreak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 24.06.2015 15:01, Jules wrote:
>> On yum/rpm systems, you get *.rpmnew files where you have altered the
>> original file, so it's obvious what you've got and where everything
>> needs to go.
> that's how it happened on CentOS (I used the prepared templates from
> ZendTo page).
You should just use the templates that ship with ZendTo downloads. They
are always the latest version.
> Upgrade brought .rpmnew and I used "meld" graphical diff to combine the
> new stuff with my old settings. 15 minutes work - fine!
Ah, haven't seen "meld". I use BBEdit on my Mac to do the same job. :-)
I'll try to remember "meld" for future questions of this type. Thanks
for that!

Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng

'Think globally, act locally.' - Friends of the Earth