[ZendTo] Re: Automated drop offs

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jan 28 17:04:49 GMT 2014

As Aleksandrov says, you would still have to create the drop-off each
time, but you can easily make the files that go into the drop-off update
themselves.

Even Windows (and Mac of course) can mount a webdav path as a filesystem
(or Drive letter on Windows). So if you use the "Library" feature of
ZendTo, and automatically upload the correct file every night to the
library location on the ZendTo server, you can create a drop-off that
doesn't involve anyone uploading a file.

And anyone downloading the drop-off will automatically get the latest
version of the file, not just the version that was posted when the
drop-off was created. When you add a library file to a drop-off in
ZendTo, it just makes a link to the file, it does not duplicate the
entire file (which would be very wasteful of space). So every time you
download the file from the drop-off, you automatically get the *latest*
version of the file, regardless of the age of the drop-off itself.

I hope that helps a bit.

Jules.