[ZendTo] Re: [Updating/Upgrading virtual appliance + documentation hint]

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Jan 2 10:15:30 GMT 2014

On 20/12/2013 13:47, Der PCFreak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I setup ZendTo based on the downloadable virtual appliance based on CentOS
>
> ZendTo-CentOS6-x64-4.11-6.ova
>
> My installation is now fully configured and online.
>
> My question is, can I upgrade the entire system with yum so that I have
> everything up-to-date
> without breaking functionality.
Yes, you can. Nothing in
     /opt/zendto/config/*
     /opt/zendto/templates/*.tpl
     /opt/zendto/www/css/local.css
will be overwritten when you do a "yum upgrade". So you can customise
the user interface as much as you like, without causing any issues when
you apply updates.

Jules.