[ZendTo] Matching dropoffs to users with multiple e-mail addresses

Travis Zimmerman tzimmerman at fsu.edu
Fri May 31 20:33:01 BST 2013

Has anybody know how to configure ZendTo or where to change ZendTo's
code to allow it to match users with multiple e-mail addresses?

Due to some legacy departmental e-mail systems being absorbed into the
university's central e-mail system and students e-mail hosted in the
cloud, we have a problem where files dropped off for a user at one of
their alternate e-mail addresses won't show up in their Inbox on ZendTo.
ZendTo only seems to allow show dropoffs that match the <uid>@<default
domain>, which is @fsu.edu for us.

For example:
User, let's call him Bob Johnson, is both a student and staff member.
As a result he has two e-mail accounts, student e-mail bj13 at my.fsu.edu
and staff e-mail bjohnson at fsu.edu, with his uid being bjohnson.
If someone dropped off a file to him at bj13 at my.fsu.edu he wouldn't see
it in his Inbox.

Additionally we have cases where some people's uids don't match their
primary e-mail (name changes, students becoming staff but not updating
their uid, etc.).

I suspect that I'm going to need to make some changes to the LDAP
Authenticator code to load in all the alternate e-mails.

Thanks.