[ZendTo] Max File Size question

Gray McCord gdm at sangabriel.com
Thu Mar 21 15:30:21 GMT 2013

I have a question about the upload file size limit for Zendto. My
installation is on a Centos 6.4 x64 installation using php 5.3. I checked to
see if my php was in fact already 64-bit capable and it is. ( I ran php ­r
'echo PHP_INT_MAX;' and got a really big number, like 19 digits starting
with a 9) So, my assumption is that PHP should be able to handle >2GB files
without any patching.

I set my postmax and uploadmax settings in php.ini to 50GB and used the
other recommended php.ini settings from the sendto website docs. I then set
my maxBytesforDropoff & file settings to 10GB.  So far so good.

I then attempted to upload a 3.7GB iso file and got the following error:

Upload Error
        There was an error while uploading
'en_windows_server_2012_x64_dvd_915478.iso'.  The file size exceeds the
limit imposed by PHP on the server; please contact the administrator
regarding this problem.

What am I missing?  Any ideas on why this failed?

Thanks!

Gray

believed to be clean.