[ZendTo] Re: HTML Email formatting?

Gray McCord gdm at sangabriel.com
Mon Mar 11 15:33:46 GMT 2013

Thanks, Jules! I'll let you know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Gray

Gray McCord
Adapt, Mutate, Migrate, or Die
                                                          -C. Darwin

From:  Jules <Jules at zend.to>
Date:  Monday, March 11, 2013 9:13 AM
To:  ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>
Subject:  [ZendTo] Re: HTML Email formatting?

 This would require a tiny change to the code to insert the relevant
headers, and then a rewrite of the email templates in
/opt/zendto/templates/*email.tpl.

 The change is in /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropbox.php, in the function
"deliverEmail". You would need to change the Content-Type header to be
"multipart/mixed" and set the separator line and so on so that the message
was correctly built in MIME format.

 If you're up to doing that (look at the headers and source structure for a
simple HTML email containing a bit of styled text and you'll see the layout
used), then it's not too big a job.

 I haven't done it in ZendTo already because getting the email template
exactly right is probably beyond the abilities of most administrators, so
they would just end up breaking it. Not a good result. :-(
 It's simpler for everyone getting it going if they are just plain text.

 Jules.

On 07/03/2013 15:19, Gray McCord wrote:

> Is there any way to format the outgoing email notifications as HTML? I'd like
> to apply a bit more branding to the installation I'm working on and was
> wondering if I could make the emails a bit more user-friendly.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Gray
>

> Gray McCord
>
> Adapt, Mutate, Migrate, or Die
>
>                                                           -C. Darwin
>

>  --
>  This message has been scanned for viruses and
>  dangerous content by MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info/> , and is
>  believed to be clean.

> Julian Field MEng MBCS CITP CEng
>
> Viking: Variable 4, becoming northwest 5 or 6. Moderate, becoming rough later.
> Snow showers. Good, occasionally poor.
>
> www.Zend.To <http://www.Zend.To>

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.