[ZendTo] Per-user library

Achim J. Latz achim+zendto at qustodium.net
Tue Jan 8 13:37:06 GMT 2013

Hello list:

I just successfully installed the Webdav/library funcionality together
with an backend for apache2 authentication against an IMAP server [1]:
all very neat!

Then I realised that the library is shared by all users!

Since attachments potentially contain personal information, I believe
that a per-user library would be very helpful, located in
/var/zendto/library/$REMOTE_USER

There is some useful discussion on similar requirements for a per-user
DAV configuration of Apache here [4,5].

Once the user is logged in via the web interface, s/he would only be
able to select files that are in her personal
/var/zendto/library/$REMOTE_USER folder.

I will have a look at this now.

Best regards, Achim

[1] Happy to share the details if anybody is interested; I tried
mod_auth_imap [2] which was very very slow (one IMAP connection per http
request), and then changed to
checkpasswd-imap [3]
[2] <http://ben.brillat.net/projects/mod_auth_imap/>
[3]