[ZendTo] Re: Fresh Install help

Gray McCord gdm at sangabriel.com
Fri Feb 1 20:31:44 GMT 2013

OK, checked all of those, and what I find is that the database file is not
there, but the log file is. All the log file has in it are a series of
entries that say "initial setup of database complete"

My workflow was:

* Install Ubuntu 12.10 x64 in a VM (note this is not the server version, if
that matters)
* Install SQLite3 using apt-get
* Install the packages listed in the "install in existing ubuntu"
* I did not mess with changing php at this point (still required for 12.10?)
* Installed the sendto repository & installed zendto using apt-get
* I did not mess with installing ssl at this point
* Edited the postfix settings
* Rebooted
* Opened up localhost/about.php in firefox OK
* Opened up localhost/ in firefox OK
* Added a user using adduser.php (no errors from the script)
* Failed when I tried to log in to zendto
* Checked the log file in /var/zendto and saw "authorization failed for
username"
* Checked /var/zendto and there was no sendto.sqlite database file in there.

I am very certain I am just missing something fundamental. I'm not an expert
sysadmin by any means but have been doing it enough that I'm reasonably
confident I can follow instructions & work around minor issues. I'm guessing
there is something missing that is preventing creation of the database file,
but I don't know what it is.

Thanks for your patience!

Gray

Gray McCord