[ZendTo] [Updating/Upgrading virtual appliance + documentation hint]

Fri Dec 20 13:47:56 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I setup ZendTo based on the downloadable virtual appliance based on CentOS

ZendTo-CentOS6-x64-4.11-6.ova

My installation is now fully configured and online.

My question is, can I upgrade the entire system with yum so that I have
everything up-to-date
without breaking functionality.

I want to do a

yum check-update
yum update

and if possible

yum upgrade

Any help with my approach.

Also I have some information, that might be useful for other users of
the appliance and should in my opinion be added to the online documentation.

When deploying the ova template to an ESX server, you have to delete the
file

   /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

and reboot to make the system detect the (new) network cards.

Nice and powerful product. - Thanks!

Kind regards

PCFreak