[ZendTo] Re: ZendTo: Release 4.11-13

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Dec 17 14:05:45 GMT 2013

It gets it from the ZendTo database. Everything you need is all in
there. But the database only holds data for currently-valid drop-offs,
there isn't any historical data in there. Which is why I use rrdtool, as
that handles all the historical data necessary to produce the graphs.
And all without anything that's going to steadily grow with time.
rrdtool has a fixed size data file that is carefully managed so that it
never grows. The zendto.log file is the only one in ZendTo that will
just steadily grow with time, and it does that very slowly.

Mostly you just need lots of disk space. We run a 32-day retention time
here (means you can guarantee a month), and have 1 TByte of disk space
for the /var/zendto store. We hope that's going to be enough for a
while. It's a big VM and so easy to extend as and when we need to.

Jules.