[ZendTo] Re: Upload stalls and connection resets

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu May 31 10:25:59 BST 2012

<rant subject="buggy browsers"> :-)

Make sure you are running on a 64-bit OS for starters, and running a
64-bit browser (i.e. *not* the standard IE9 in Windows 7 x64 but the
64-bit version that you can't make your default browser for some utterly
braindead reason) if at all possible. IE9 64-bit does the job pretty
well, as does Chrome.

And yes, Firefox isn't good enough.

Unfortunately, uploads over 2GB isn't a feature a lot of users make a
fuss about, so the vendors can't be arsed to fix the horribly buggy
upload code they use.

In short, use a better browser. Sorry if that doesn't help when you've
got several thousand managed desktops all using 32-bit IE7 or something
like that. :-(

There really isn't a lot I can do about this, other than resort to Flash
(yuck! I'm not doing that) for the upload process. Sorry there's no
better news.

</rant>

It works beautifully on a Mac, as the apps are properly 64-bit as well
as the OS.

Jules.

On 31/05/2012 09:18, Poulton, Stuart W.L. wrote:

> I'm seeing similar.
>
> Uploads of >2GB work fine for chrome, but fail for firefox with the
> same "Are you sure you want to navigate away" error.
>
> In this case the server and client are 'local' to each other so no WAN
> links involved which suggests it's not a network connectivity issue.
>
> Stuart

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,
  The happy highways where I went,
  And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman