[ZendTo] Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Security Issue - Data Leakage Prevention

Elston, Ian I.Elston at bolton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 14:35:27 GMT 2012

> Does anyone else on the list need this feature too?
> (When a drop-off comes from a localIPSubnet network and the user has not logged in,
> if the destination email matches a certain regexp then block the drop-off)

It seems a bit futile to me. Unless I've misread it, the proposed change would allow me to block drop-offs to certain mail domains from local users?

What's to stop someone at the blocked end creating a free Yahoo/Google/Live address? Or post them a USB/CD/Paper copy? If someone INSIDE is determined to get information to someone OUTSIDE then they will find a way to do it.

Ian

Ian Elston
Networks & Developments
The University of Bolton