[ZendTo] Re: AD Authentication

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jun 6 15:33:35 BST 2012

On 06/06/2012 14:45, Scott B. Anderson wrote:
> Thanks for the assistance using the ldapsearch command to test, I finally think I can get away from using local authentication.  That said, I'm not sure what to set authLDAPBindDn  and authLDAPOrganization to.  The example shows o= and a uid= parameter, but my basedn is actually like 'CN=Firstname MI Lastname,OU=MyOu,OU=MyParentOU,DC=mydomain,DC=mydomainsuffix'
You should probably use a BaseDN of
     ou=MyOU,OU=MyParentOU,DC=mydomain,DC=mydomainsuffix
and it should find users in there.
>   .   The only place I see an o= attribute
Where did you see that? It's not in the example settings I ship in
preferences.php. There's no "uid=" either. Not a clue where you saw
them. The settings you should be aiming for are these:
   'authLDAPBaseDN1'           =>
'OU=users,DC=ecs,DC=soton,DC=ac,DC=uk',  'authLDAPServers1'          =>
array('ad1.ecs.soton.ac.uk','ad2.ecs.soton.ac.u
k'),
   'authLDAPAccountSuffix1'    => '@ecs.soton.ac.uk',
   'authLDAPUseSSL1'           => false,
   'authLDAPBindUser1'         => 'SecretUsername1',
   'authLDAPBindPass1'         => 'SecretPassword1',
   'authLDAPOrganization1'     => 'ECS, University of Southampton',

The LDAPOrganization1 is just a nice version of the name of your company
or organisation. It's what is put in by default as the Organisation name
when a user creates a new drop-off.

>   is my LegacyExchangeDN but that contains and o= , ou=, and two cn= attributes (and won't work for my final target user, which won't have a legacyexchangedn property set)
That's nothing to do with it.
> In addition, I'm not sure which AD property authLDAPOrganization should be set to.
It's not a property, it's just the name of your organisation.