[ZendTo] Re: [patch] trouble with SQLite 3 (PHP 5.3.9-1) on debian wheezy / feature: dropoff only after request

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jan 31 08:58:47 GMT 2012

On 30/01/2012 18:24, Joerg Streibhardt wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I've had some issues trying to get ZendTo up and running on a new
> Debian machine. I've opted for the apt-repository-method for the
> installation.
>
>   * Debian's version of PHP only has SQLite 3.7.9 available. I didn't
> want to set up MySQL so I've written a wrapper. This and some minor
> things I've found in the code (rowID-related) are included in the
> patch.
What was wrong with the SQLite support I had already written for it? Why
some "wrapper"?
>   * This includes changed calling of the sqlite_escape_string - function.
Again, why?
>   * The code will change the SQLite.php "driver" in a way that's not
> really compatible with SQLite 2. I think it should be moved to its own
> class, but I'd rather wait for feedback. It should be easy to
> incorporate the changes I've made but replace the call to the wrapper
> with the standard DB-Object call.
>
>   * I've noticed issues with htmlentities in some places, so I've
> modified the calls I've found (only to later find calls that were
> already changed to include a charset).
Such as what issues?

>   * I wanted a configuration that does not allow uploading unless
> requested to do so. That's why the patch also includes a new setting
> in the config file and the corresponding code changes to disable
> "publicDropoff". Thus far I haven't tested this with recaptcha as I
> don't have a key yet.
Sorry, no-one else has ever asked for that so I'm reluctant to include
that in the distribution.

> I'd be happy if you could provide me with some feedback and maybe
> include the patch (or parts thereof) at some point.
Sorry if I sounded negative above, but you've given me no reason
whatsoever *why* you have made any of these changes.