[ZendTo] [patch] trouble with SQLite 3 (PHP 5.3.9-1) on debian wheezy / feature: dropoff only after request

Joerg Streibhardt eljoest+lists at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:24:23 GMT 2012

Hello everyone

I've had some issues trying to get ZendTo up and running on a new
Debian machine. I've opted for the apt-repository-method for the
installation.

 * Debian's version of PHP only has SQLite 3.7.9 available. I didn't
want to set up MySQL so I've written a wrapper. This and some minor
things I've found in the code (rowID-related) are included in the
patch.
 * This includes changed calling of the sqlite_escape_string - function.
 * The code will change the SQLite.php "driver" in a way that's not
really compatible with SQLite 2. I think it should be moved to its own
class, but I'd rather wait for feedback. It should be easy to
incorporate the changes I've made but replace the call to the wrapper
with the standard DB-Object call.

 * I've noticed issues with htmlentities in some places, so I've
modified the calls I've found (only to later find calls that were
already changed to include a charset).

 * I wanted a configuration that does not allow uploading unless
requested to do so. That's why the patch also includes a new setting
in the config file and the corresponding code changes to disable
"publicDropoff". Thus far I haven't tested this with recaptcha as I
don't have a key yet.

I'd be happy if you could provide me with some feedback and maybe
include the patch (or parts thereof) at some point.

Regards
Jörg Streibhardt