[ZendTo] Re: Library of files on a 'per user' basis

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jan 24 21:23:52 GMT 2012

Eek, groups as well? That's starting to get really awkward. What happens
if there is a library directory specific to one particular user, and
other library directories specific to several of the groups that user is
in? What do I do then? I really don't want to have to start traversing
multiple directories to get all the files. If I did, what would happen
when the same filename turned up in more than 1 of these directories?
How do I differentiate between all the identical filenames in the user
interface?

I could do it per-user without too much problem, as that is always
unique. But making it vary by group as well, when a user can be in
several overlapping groups, is getting beyond "awkward" and starting to
turn into a massive data management and user interface problem.

I'm not about to implement a complete group structure in the local SQL
users table for those using local authentication.

Have another think about how you would actually use this feature, were I
to write it, and try to work out a way I could manage the different
libraries and present them.

Thanks,
Jules.