[ZendTo] Re: How do you market ZendTo service to your internal staff?

Brian Ott Brian.Ott at oicr.on.ca
Fri Jan 13 15:35:12 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:20:10AM -0500, Marlon R Deerr wrote:
>    I'm curious what most people are using for their public DNS name for your
>    ZendTo service and how you actually market/promote this service to your
>    employees. Are you using zendto.yourdomain.com for your service.  Do you
>    employees know you are using ZendTo or are you marketing this as some sort
>    of file sharing services (i.e. fileshare.yourdomain.com).  The reason I
>    ask is because I always like to keep things simple for my end users.  I am
>    pretty sure they will remember something like fileshare.mydomain.com
>    easier than zendto.mydomain.com.

Hey,

I agree with keeping things simple so we named it by service not
software. This also allows us to change software in the future (not
saying we will change from zendto). Also it won't confuse users not so
tech-savvy, they may forget that 'zendto' is to share files. However
you can't really forget fileshare.domain is to share files.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

>    I'm curious to see what others are doing out there.

Brian Ott
Unix System Administrator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Telephone:	647-260-7977
Email:		brian.ott at oicr.on.ca
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.