[ZendTo] Re: captcha

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jan 10 16:45:33 GMT 2012

I used Google's one as it is rated as a good secure one that hasn't been
widely broken yet. Most of the other captchas have been automated by the
bad guys now.

I'm probably not going to bother adding support for an alternative
captcha unless there is widespread agreement that people want that, it's
a distinct attack of "feature creep" otherwise.

On the other hand, you've got all the source of ZendTo, so feel free to
hack in an alternative yourself! The code that calls it is really
simple, so should be simple enough to switch to a different one.

Jules.

On 10/01/2012 16:18, Brian Ott wrote:
> Hey Jules,
>
> I'm just curious if it would be possible to have another captcha
> service like secureimage (http://www.phpcaptcha.org/) instead of using googles recaptcha. I'm just
> curious as we would prefer something running locally rather then
> having to contact a 3rd party.
>
> Cheers,

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,
  The happy highways where I went,
  And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman