[ZendTo] Re: Large Files and Rebuilding libphp5.so

Brian Ott Brian.Ott at oicr.on.ca
Mon Jan 9 15:38:29 GMT 2012

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 05:07:16PM +0000, Jules wrote:

> On 05/01/2012 15:54, Jules wrote:

> >> I just checked Ubuntu 10.10 uses PHP5 5.3.3
> >> Ubuntu 10.04 uses PHP5 5.3.2
> >> Ubuntu 11.04 uses PHP5 5.3.5
> >>
> >> Debian 6 (Squeeze) uses PHP5 5.3.3
> >>
> >> So in theory the notes for Ubuntu 10 should be dead on accurate.
> > But only for 10.04 and not 10.10. Sounds like the code has changed
> > since 5.3.2. I *might* get around to taking a look at this problem at
> > the weekend. I'll need to install an Ubuntu 11.04 box to build it with.
> Ubuntu 11.10 uses PHP 5.3.6. None of the Ubuntu patches applied when it
> is built conflict in any way (that I can see) with my patches for it.
> It's building now, once it's finished I'll chuck a copy of ZendTo around
> it and test it with a 6GB file to be sure all is fine.

Yeah you are right, who knows what debian is doing when it comes to
something like modifying PHP on different systems. I'm fine with using
a different distro. I did look at Centos6 but when following your
guide I came across some issues, It seems there has been some updates
to CentOS that created a problem, so I simply skipped it and tried
CentOS 5, as it worked like a charm I'm more inclined to stick with
it.

Overall we are fairly pleased with this application, the only feedback
I'm getting from users right now is that the recaptcha is too hard to
see but that isn't really an issue with zendto more with recaptcha.

Also I would like to thank you for the prompt replies and the help
provided!

> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> www.Zend.To
>
> Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM
>
> 'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait
> 'All programs have a desire to be useful' - Tron, 1982

Brian Ott
Unix System Administrator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Telephone:	647-260-7977
Email:		brian.ott at oicr.on.ca
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.