[ZendTo] Re: Windows client?

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Jan 8 20:57:17 GMT 2012

On 08/01/2012 19:19, Craig Chambers wrote:
> I can say I would be very interested in this option, while we were
> using Zendto a lot I still have to have aYouSendIt account for some
> people. This would help with some of the holdouts.
What do the "YouSendIt" users need that ZendTo doesn't provide?

> As far as costs go, it would have to be fairly inexpensive for me to
> sell it to my CFO since that's why I went with an open source solution
> over YouSendIt @ $9/mo.
$9/mo per user! If I charged for it at all, it would be cheap.
> We're you thinking of an annual, monthly or one time license fee? If
> it is a one time fee are you including maintenance or is that additional?
Don't know yet. I'm mostly interested in covering my costs, as I would
need to pay my friend for writing it (I'm no great Windows programmer,
but he reckons it shouldn't be too hard).

> We are a 30 person company and when we used YouSendIt I was only able
> to afford 2 licenses that people shared so that gives you some idea of
> the budget I have to work with for this type of thing. :-(. If it is a
> one time expense then I could probably get them to spend up to $10 per
> license (or $300 total)
A fee as high as that would cover my costs pretty quickly. :-)

> Hope that helps, I would be interested to know how far apart we are on
> pricing.
I am basically just trying to cover my costs, and put YouSendIt out of
business for a laugh (because I should be able to :-)

Jules.