[ZendTo] Re: EU Cookies Directive

Nigel Kendrick linker3000 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:55:39 BST 2012

Not according to this article - it seems best to assume you need to cover
yourself although I can't see the whole world being sued for the sake of a
session cookie or two, but as the person who would be in the firing line I
am happy to cover my ass.

http://www.pubcon.com/ico-david-evans-explains-uk-cookies-compliance

"*1. Can we get clarification as to whether session cookies that are stored
in the browser memory and not physically in a file are subject to the law?*

 I think technically speaking the law doesn't differentiate between
different types of cookie, so in other words if it's something stored on a
device - whether its in a file or a browser - then it is caught, if you
like, by this law. ...[snip]...So, the short answer is yes they are caught,
but the slightly longer answer is that clearly we will take that into
account when people are trying to comply with this law. "