[ZendTo] Re: Extra newlines and email headers

Tony Fairbanks tony at tonyfairbanks.com
Tue Sep 27 18:31:46 BST 2011

Hi Jules,

There's a bug report here https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=15841 about
PHP's mail() function and newlines. Since mail() doesn't talk directly
to an SMTP server on UNIX but to the local sendmail program, the headers
should be separated by the native line break. There are also quite a few
people posting about similar problems on the PHP mail() page (for
example http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php#100563) and that
the native EOL marker should be used.

I'm not sure why I'm the only one having this problem. The Postfix
config is completely stock with the exception of a relayhost defined.
Scientific Linux 6 is for all intents and purposes the same thing as
Centos 6 - the SL people do a rebuild of the Red Hat source the same way
the Centos people do.

Other than this slight glitch, ZendTo is working out absolutely perfect
for us.